You know who we don’t talk about NEARLY enough on this site? THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!
terrible franchise in the middle of that state we always forget exists Ohio. The Browns… a team that perennially feels like the worst team; a team that constantly is being put against up the saddest hypothetical ever – “But can they beat Bama?“; really just the laughing stock of every joke ever.
But I am proud to be the first to say, THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ARE FINALLY STARTING TO MAKE THE RIGHT MOVES!!
DeShone Kizer was recently given the nod that he’ll start the 3rd preseason game for the team, and it seems more and more likely that he’ll be their quarterback this year, and for the foreseeable future (shocker, Brock Osweiler still sucks).
Now, obviously a quarterback from Notre Dame is going to get my stamp of approval, but I’m here to really sell YOU on Kizer… and also why the Browns are going to be great with him under center.
First, let’s just say QB’s from Notre Dame translate to the NFL better than any other college. I mean, let’s just go through the list of recent successes and it’ll blow your pants off:
- Jimmy Clausen – Let’s just ignore his bigger body of work and say that one year, in Chicago, he recorded a 2:1 TD-to-INT ratio… So yeah, he’s Hall of Fame material.
- Brady Quinn – I don’t want to start too strong here, but TWICE in his career he threw for more than 1,000 yards. Also, he was the face of EAS (basically like Muscle Milk) for a while, and that alone should give you an idea that he is the perfect franchise QB.
- Kent Graham – NOOOOOOW we’re talking legends. I know I am dating myself here. But I believe I was at the game where he led the Giants over the (at that time undefeated) Bronco’s in Week 15 back in 1998, with a beauty of a pass to Amani Toomer… Sure Denver went on to win the Super Bowl, but that was #LIT.
- Joe Montana – Most famous for being a Skechers spokesman. Oh, and he also won a few Super Bowls.
- Joe Theismann – One time Lawrence Taylor murdered him.
Now that you’re convinced Notre Dame is essentially an NFL QB factory, let’s take a deeper look at Kizer himself. Maybe we’ll check out his social media and see what kinda stuff he’s hiding…
That is his cover photo… ELECTRIC!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME – UNCLE RICO!?
Not that it needed to get better but his Twitter bio reads “Elmhurst Elementary 6th Grade spelling bee champion” – GUYS, DESHONE KIZER IS THE FUTURE.
I think it’s really safe to start asking the question you know we’re all going to be asking around Week 5…
IS DESHONE KIZER ELITE?!
Football is Back,