Hey y’all, your boy is back for week two after a winning week last week I am blogging this live from South Bend and all on my phone so I am sorry if this isn’t the most quality post you’ve ever seen however I am hype for this weekend’s slate. We have some HUGE matchups, so let’s take a look:
ND-UGA- 7:30 on NBC:
- LINE: 6 ND
- For those of you who know me, you know this may be the biggest game of my life. Your boy will be in South Bend and cannot wait to see all of the pageantry and tradition on display, and to see the Dawgs play their first game north of the Mason-Dixon Line in over 50 years.
- That being said I am nervous as hell about this game, because of the Dawgs don’t win I will NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT FROM TAYLOR. Now that I have that out of my system, let’s get down to details.
- Notre Dame is a really good football team and they have a very good coach. I’m almost sick with anxiety to see Jake Fromm make his first start in a hostile environment like South Bend, playing in front of Touchdown Jesus. That being said, I can’t pick against my Dawgs. Call me hard-headed, I don’t care. Go Dawgs.
- FINAL BET: UGA +6
Auburn-Clemson- 7:00 on ESPN:
- LINE: -5 Clemson
- Strongly dislike both of these programs but this game will be an absolute show. Not only are both teams projected to do extremely well, they both crushed it in their first games (even though Georgia Southern covered for me). I fully expect this one to be close late, but for Clemson to end up covering. That’s not a slight against Auburn, I just think that playing in Death Valley will give Clemson the edge they need. Don’t worry though Auburn fans, you’ll get to play in the real Death Valley later on in the year.
- FINAL BET: CLEMSON -5
Ohio State-Oklahoma- 7:30 on ABC
- LINE: -7.5 Ohio State
- Last year, this game was the game that put Ohio State in the College Football Playoff, and this year it is sure to boost their resume. I think this Ohio State team is scary good, and I don’t think Oklahoma’s defense will be able to stop them, which will lead to an Ohio State win, but it will be close. Because of this, I do not like the 7.5 line.
- However, I love the thought of the over, and will definitely put some units on the Baker-man and JT Barrett putting up some serious points.
- FINAL BET: Over 63.5
USC- Stanford- 8:30 on Fox:
- LINE: -6 USC
- USC looked sluggish last week but don’t sleep on the Trojans and Sam Darnold. They will be ready to play against the Cardinals. However, I don’t see them being good enough to win by a touchdown against this powerful Stanford team, and because of this, I see Stanford keeping it to a close game (or maybe even eeking one out). Hammering the +6 on this one.
- FINAL BET: Stanford +6
There you have it. As always, best of luck to your teams and wallets!