We do love Abby Hornacek around here, I don’t think that’s a shocker… She’s gorgeous, works for ESPN and is the daughter of (future NBA Champion) coach of the New York Knicks, Jeff Hornacek. So when I saw she decided to get herself into the “Let’s All Dump on Cam Newton” game – which he deserves for the record – I had to check it out…
— Abby Hornacek (@abbyhornacek) October 4, 2017
I’m just going to go ahead and break down the film here real quick, because there definitely is some talent behind that arm but it’s verrrrry raw…
- Footwork on the three step drop was sloppy. Needs to be quicker/crisper. Reminiscent of a Freshman year Alex Moran.
- The two pump fakes at the end of her dropback weren’t faking anyone. Too fast, more of a twitch than anything. NEEDS to learn to sell those fakes – but that’s an easy fix.
- STARED THE RECEIVER DOWN THE WHOLE TIME… Never looked the defense off once. Sad!
- I clocked her snap to release at 5.1… There isn’t an offensive line in the league that isn’t watering at the mouth to get after a QB like that. She’s going to want to get the ball outta her hands faster if she wants to play in the league…
- She put the ball where only the receiver can get it, some things you can’t teach – GREAT touch!
- 3 FULL seconds in the air is too much hangtime for NFL defensive backs. That safety would come over the top and murder her intended target.
- She took three bunny hops into that throw… While I appreciate the distance, it looked a little too hard.
I mean, don’t get me wrong – that really was great and all. But there are definitely some things she might want to look into fixing mechanics-wise… That’s all.
I say we get her in the Gruden’s QB Camp and in no time she’ll be ready for Sunday’s.