This week’s installment of Miller’s College Football Preview is brought to you during a Georgia bye-week, which will be the calm before the storm of my emotions in the Georgia-Florida game next weekend.
Even though I will be a bit more lax today it’s not like there won’t be any nerve-racking moment from your boy because we have a GREAT slate of games. From playoff implications on several fronts to good old fashioned grudge matches full of hate, today will be a damn good football day. And with that being laid out there here’s how you should go about betting today’s games:
Syracuse at Miami – 3:30 on ESPN:
LINE: MIAMI -17.5
- That picture above was the scene last week when Syracuse upset the number 2 team in the country in Clemson, bringing back the term “Clemsoning” to prominence. Syracuse is a team that is playing inspired, but playing a big team on the road is a BIG difference then playing them in your home stadium. They’ll have to us silent counts and other types of play calling that makes things VERY uncomfortable, and that’s a huge difference between this game and last game. Syracuse will not pull off the upset, but Miami is a conundrum in themselves.
- They’re a team that hasn’t played anybody good. While I do think Miami is a good team, and I respect the HELL out of CMR, they are not a great team. I think they will win by a couple of touchdowns (especially since they won’t be surprised by Syracuse), but 18 points is a lot and I don’t see it happening. Going with the Orange.
FINAL BET: SYRACUSE +17.5
Michigan at Penn State – 7:30 on ABC:
LINE: PSU -8.5
- O’Korn getting the start at Michigan and he will be hyped as he grew up down the road from Penn State and was a huge fan (gotta be bittersweet for his family watching him play against their lifelong favorite team, but oh well). That being he will not be ready for the atmosphere that is Happy Valley. 100,000 people screaming at you is enough to shake anybody, especially a young guy like O’Korn. Because of this, I don’t think Michigan’s offense will be up to snuff and don’t think they will pull off big numbers or the win. HOWEVER *Stephen A. Smith Voice* I do believe their defense will be able to keep Saquon Barkley as quiet as possible (which may not be quiet at all) and it will be enough to keep the game to a touchdown, and that’s why you bet on Michigan.
FINAL BET: MICHIGAN +8.5
LSU at Ole Miss – 7:15 on ESPN:
LINE: LSU -7
- COACH O IS BACK. I REPEAT COACH O IS BACK. I do not understand this line AT ALL. What does Vegas know that we don’t? I get this Ole Miss had a big win last week (against fucking Vanderbilt… YIKES), and I get that it is in Oxford, BUT this Ole Miss team has been SO shitty it’s not even funny (the exception being Shea Patterson, the kid has BALLS). That means LSU being favored by only a touchdown is staggering to me. Gotta hammer it, even though it has let down written all over it. GEAUX COACH O AND GEAUX TIGERS.
FINAL BET: LSU -7
USC at Notre Dame – 7:30 on NBC:
LINE: ND -3.5
- This is a college football playoff game. The loser is not getting in, period. And, in all honesty, it would be HUGE for the Dawgs if the Irish win, so I wouldn’t be angry if they pulled off the victory. I also think this Notre Dame team is a legit team and contender who could pull off the victory today, especially as I feel that this ND offense is a perfect matchup for a lackluster USC defense.
- That being said, Darnold and the USC offense will be up for the test in South Bend, and I think it will be a VERY close game late, maybe coming down to OT or a game-winning field goal. Because of this, I’m taking a road dog in South Bend for the second time this year, and we all know that worked extremely well when I did it earlier this year.
FINAL BET: USC +3.5
There you have it, a lot of underdogs today but hey I like excitement. As always, best of luck to all of your teams and your wallets!
P.S. – I like a backdoor cover by Tennessee against Alabama. Tennessee is shitty but -37 is LOT of points.