Aaaaaand we’re back at it again with the HOT match-ups, as we have eight top 25 teams meeting each other with HUGE playoff implications. How huge? Well Ohio State plays Penn State in basically a play-in game for the playoff and NC State and Notre Dame are playing each other with their lives on the line, as the loser has no shot to get in.
Oh is that not enough? Well how about a top 4 team in the country, TCU, having to go on the road to play another top 25 team that has already beat a top ten team at home this year? Yeah, that’s happening when TCU treks to Iowa State and Kenny Trill puts his skills to the test.
Still not enough? Oklahoma State has to travel to Morgantown to play the
steroid users Mountaineers in front of a raucous stadium, where they may actually want to kill Mason Rudolph and everyone associated with Oklahoma State. Believe me, their mascot carries a gun.
So without further ado, here’s my takes on this weeks top games:
Oklahoma State at West Virginia- 12:00 on ABC:
NEW HYPE VIDEO – "Mountaineer Things" (Stranger Things 2/WVU Football Mashup) pic.twitter.com/tEkDRlq6Fd
— BELIEVEtheHYPE (@BELlEVEtheHYPE) October 27, 2017
LINE: OK St. -8
- Nothing like a weird ass hype video out of West Virginia. Would expect nothing less from their fans. Now listen, I like Oklahoma State and Mason Rudolph a lot even though they should’ve lost to Texas last week and looked TERRIBLE. They came out so sluggish, and I guess that happens when your road game kicks off at 11 am central time, however this game against West Virginia kicks off at the same time and is also a road game… intriguing huh? Oklahoma State will win but not by more than a TD
FINAL BET: WV +8
TCU at Iowa State- 3:30 on ABC:
LINE: TCU -7
- Everyone’s so hype about Iowa State after they beat Oklahoma, but here’s a little reminder for you… OKLAHOMA SUCKS. Iowa State literally ran the same damn screen play for success against the Sooners over and over and over and they couldn’t stop them. Look for Gary Patterson and company to do far better adjusting on defense, and look for my boy Kenny Trill to take care of business. Hammer TCU.
FINAL BET: TCU -7
Penn State at Ohio State – 3:30 on FOX:
— Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) October 25, 2017
LINE: OSU -7
- This line is the weirdest line I think I’ve seen this week. I don’t understand how OSU is favored by so much. I get they are home but Penn State is amazing this year and just blew the doors off of Michigan, albeit a bad Michigan team but still Michigan. I also think the bad weather is a factor here that makes this an ugly game where each team grinds it out. I got Penn State here because I think it’ll be a close game and I love getting the points.
FINAL BET: Penn State +7
NC State at Notre Dame- 3:30 on NBC:
LINE: ND -7
- Huge playoff implications here as the Wolfpack rolls into Notre Dame, and brings it’s dominant pass rush.
- Chubb for NC State has been the defensive lineman in he country and will be a top 10 pick next year, but what happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force? The unstoppable force gets double teamed by the ND line and is silenced.
- I don’t think it’ll be a blow out like last week but I think ND wins by at least a touchdown and has a late cover here
FINAL BET: ND -7
Georgia-Florida in Jacksonville, FL – 3:30 on CBS:
LINE: UGA -13.5
It’s the Cocktail Party, and I keep trying to come up with some real analysis on this game but all that comes to mind is this… FUCK FLORIDA. Sorry I can’t help it. Go. Dawgs.
FINAL BET: UGA -13.5
There you have it, this LOADED week of games and I cannot wait to see what happens. As always best of luck to your teams and to your wallets!