Welcome back to Week 3 of the greatest sporting gift that God has blessed us with, college football. For those of you keeping track, we return from Week Two where Clemson spurned me, but we still went 5-1 on the lines. During last week we learned that:
- Georgia still owns the East (suck it, COCKS),
- Penn State’s first week was a fluke (or Pitt just really sucks),
- Kentucky CAN beat Florida,
- Herm Edwards is a great motivator and a hell of a coach, and
- JT Daniels wasn’t ready for the big time against Stanford (called iiiit)
That said, we’re moving on to Week Two where Hurricane Florence has the game times in the South all kinds of messed up, but you know we could care less about that and just hope everyone is safe and sound.
And what is better to cheer up people in a time of need than some Grade A football?! Oh yeah, that’s right, nothing. Thankfully, there are some BEAUTIES of games, so let’s take a look at these lines:
Middle Tennessee State at 3 Georgia at 12:00 on ESPN News:
— Georgia Football (@FootballUGA) September 13, 2018
- Line: UGA -33.0 O/U: 55.5
- What was once supposed to be a night game Between the Hedges has turned into a noon-time kickoff, obviously for safety reasons. The one’s who should be the happiest with the time change is the MTSU players, because they weren’t ready for the beat down that they’d receive under those lights. Even still, I fully expect the Dawgs to roll in this one and for Justin Fields to get substantial time yet again, after Jake Fromm dominates early and gets time off.
- Even still, I think that 33 points is a hell of a lot and don’t see the Dawgs covering, especially with the D squad being in for the whole 4th quarter. Don’t get me wrong, they’ll win big, just not that big.
- FINAL BET: MTSU +33
Vanderbilt at 8 Notre Dame at 2:30 on NBC:
- Line: ND -13.5 O/U: 51.5
- S-E-C….. S-E-C….. S-E-C…. S-E- Wait a minute. We ain’t really considering Vandy as a part of the SEC right? I mean listen, thank you Vanderbilt for the healthy bump you give us in terms of GPA’s and in the baseball and basketball season, but this just ain’t your thing. And that’s with no disrespect to the people of Nash-Vegas, I love all of y’all and your insane night life. Vandy just flat out sucks.
- Now, for the other team involved in this match, Notre Dame is a damn good football team, and they have a STUD college quarterback calling the shots (I say college because I don’t think it translates to the NFL, sue me). Also, South Bend is a HELL of a place to play. After going there last year, to watch the Dawgs win by one in stunning fashion (no big deal), I can honestly say it is top-tier and the fans are insane.
- Vanderbilt is already down in this matchup, but you sprinkle the fact that they’ll actually have a tough atmosphere too? Sorry Vandy, ND is going to win by a BILLION.
- FINAL BET: ND -13.5
12 LSU at 7 Auburn at 3:30 on CBS:
A mega football game.
Time to bring it to another level.
It's LSU vs. Auburn.
2:30 p.m. | CBS pic.twitter.com/MbttcJWm88
— LSU Football (@LSUfootball) September 13, 2018
- Line: AUB -10.5 O/U: 44.5
- I call this one the “shame on me” game, because I picked against BOTH of these teams in their out of conference Week 1 games. I’m sorry, I forgot how good the SEC really is, and I’m an idiot. Others are calling this one the game of the week because it is sure to be a thriller. You have Coach O and the STOUT Tigers D coming into Jordan-Hare, matching up against Jarrett Stidham and Gus Malzahn’s high-powered, fast-moving, elusive offense.
- But it doesn’t stop there! Auburn actually has one of the best defense’s in the country, as learned early on by Washington (I know, Auburn with a good D, very strange). AND LSU has actually found a competent quarterback to go along with their amazing run game (all hail Joe Burrow)!
- These two matchups mean that this will be a full 60 minutes of must-watch football, and I can’t wait. While I think Auburn wins this one down on the plains, I think it will be an extremely close game. Because of this I have to take the points they’re giving to LSU.
- FINAL BET: LSU +10.5
17 Boise State at 24 Oklahoma State at 3:30 on ESPN:
- Line: OKST -2.0 O/U: 64.5
- This game has the makings of a great game as well, but the main problem is that it is on at the same time that the Auburn-LSU game is on. The solution to this problem? I have more than one TV. Sick brag, I know!
- Even still I love all the intrigue of this game, and both sides match up extremely well here. Boise State only gives up 13.5 points per game? Oklahoma State only gives up 15. Oklahoma State scores 56.5 per game? Boise State scores 59. Boise State throws for 361 per game? Oklahoma State throws for 377. Okay, okay, okay, you get the picture.
- This one will be tight, and usually I’d pick the home team, especially in a raucous place like Stillwater, Oklahoma, but NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS!
- I have nothing but faith in Brett Rypien and Head Coach Bryan Harsin. Why is that you ask? Maybe because in their four years together they have compiled a 32-10 record with a conference title and a trip to the conference championship game. They are a stellar combination and they have played in some BIG games before. They will be ready for this moment.
- Additionally, Mason Rudolph ain’t walking through that door, and I have fears about Taylor Cornelius as he’s combined for three interceptions in his two games against Missouri State and South Alabama. Given the experience in the matchup, I’m taking Boise State +2 all day.
- FINAL BET: Boise State +2
4 Ohio State vs. 15 TCU at AT&T Stadium at 8:00 on ABC:
- Line: OSU -13.0 O/U: 59.5
- Any of you who have read any of my blogs will fully understand my hatred for Ohio State and their annoying fans. That said, they are on an absolute MISSION this year and have gone completely scorched earth against every opponent they have played. This is very scary for the haters (AKA me), and probably stems from the fact that Urban pulls in unbelievable talent in EVERY. SINGLE. RECRUITING. CLASS. And he will continue to do so, because he puts people in the NFL consistently and is a great coach, even though he’s not the best person.
- Aside from me fully praising Ohio State, I will note that TCU is a stacked team as well, and they have also blown out every team they’ve played, albeit they were teams they should’ve won by a billion against, still blowouts. They also have a great quarterback in Shawn Robinson, and an incredible receiving core, full of guys that are all able to catch the deep ball.
- The problem? That quarterback wouldn’t even be third string at OSU and those receivers won’t match up anywhere near as well as they have against OSU’s secondary. This defense will shut down TCU and the offense will prove too powerful as the Buckeyes win in a lackluster game that is way more of a blowout than anyone expects. Give me OSU all day.
- FINAL BET: OSU -13
And there you have it folks, the way to bet on Week 3. As always, best of luck to all of your teams and your wallets, and please be sure to stay safe and dry this weekend. Hurricane Florence seems like a real fickle bitch!