Hello ladies and gents, and welcome back to another week of the greatest sport in the world. Let’s recap on last week where we learned:
- Oregon has no idea how to close out a big game
- Ian Book is good at quarterback
- BC being ranked was the biggest fluke of all time
- Texas may not be “dead,” and
- Kentucky and Benny Snell are legit.
Now this week has a TON of great matchups on the board, but unfortunately most are outside of God’s conference (the SEC of course), which sucks for people who like watching real football. That said there are 5 top-25 games, which will make this one wild and crazy Saturday. So, without further ado, let’s check out these lines!
Tennessee at 3 Georgia at 3:30 on CBS:
— Georgia Football (@FootballUGA) September 27, 2018
- Line: UGA -31 O/U: 55
- Not much to say about this game to be honest, Georgia is miles better all across the board but that -31 is TOUGH. I’m hitting that over even though we will have the Dawgs on top BIG. Sorry Vol fans, looks like you idiots won’t be singing rocky top all night, but you should be used to that by now.
- FINAL BET: Over 55
12 West Virginia at 25 Texas Tech at 12:00 on ESPN 2:
- Line: WVU -3.5 O/U: 73
- Texas tech has looked really good lately, so it’s no shocker that they got a top-25 ranking. Also, with the game being in Lubbock that really bodes well for them as that stadium will be ROCKING. BUT I don’t think it will matter. A lot of this is based on the blowout loss Tech took to Ole Miss, and this isn’t a shot at Ole Miss, but Will Grier and company do what the Hotty Toddy crew do, but they do it better. I think WVU and Will Grier sling their way to a big win.
- FINAL BET: WVU -3.5
7 Stanford at 8 Notre Dame at 7:30 on NBC:
- Line: ND -5.5 O/U: 52.5
- Last week I was all over Notre Dame at Wake Forest and it paid off dividends, but that was last week and it means NOTHING. Listen, I love Ian Book and I think he’s a bonafide stud (sorry Wimbush, but your job is gone), but there’s a huge difference between Wake Forest on a week where they didn’t know who Ian Book was, and Stanford on a week where they have film and can better prepare for him. Because of that I got Stanford in this one.
- FINAL BET: Stanford +5.5
4 Ohio State at 9 Penn State at 7:30 on ABC:
- Line: OSU -3 O/U: 70
- Everyone who knows anything about me knows how much I hate Ohio State and that
heart-attack faking, assault cover-up-ingUrban Meyer guy. That said, I think that there are few if any better football coaches in the history of college football than Urban Meyer. He will run circles around James Franklin in this one and will make sure to suffocate McSorley and this Penn State offense. Ohio State is taking this one, as much as I hate to see it.
- FINAL BET: OSU -3
20 BYU at 11 Washington at 8:30 on FOX:
- Line: Washington -17. O/U: 45.5
- This was the toughest choice of the week for me. I don’t think BYU is actually that good, but I also think Washington is getting way too many points. HOWEVER *Stephen A. Smith voice* we have a blessing in the fact that it’s a very low over. This Washington team put up 16 against Auburn (an amazing defense) and this BYU team gave up 24 to Wisconsin (a team that can’t spell offense). You put that together and you know what you get? Washington to put up some POINTS, and because I think BYU will hang in for quite some time, I’m loving that over.
- FINAL BET: Over 45.5
19 Oregon at 24 Cal at 10:30 on FS1:
- LINE: Oregon -2.5 O/U: 58
- Nothing’s like a little #Pac12AfterDark especially when you throw in two ranked teams. In this episode, you have a lot of people saying Oregon will be reeling/but up from their choke job last week to Stanford, and picking against the Ducks, but I don’t think so. Justin Herbert is a great leader and he will have these guys ready to bounce back to face off against an undefeated Cal team, even if it is on the road.
- FINAL BET: Oregon -2.5
And there you have it! As always, best of luck to everyone’s teams and their wallets, and Go Dawgs!